Marriage Immigration Information

Marriage-Based Immigration Overview

There are three main marriage-based immigration options: adjustment of status, immigrant visas and fiance visas.

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of status is the process of getting a green card while in the United States. If you would like to help your spouse get a green card and your spouse is in the United States, this is an option that you should explore.

If you are engaged and your fiance is in the United States, adjustment of status may be an option after you get married.

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant visas can help the spouse of a United States citizen or permanent resident who lives outside the United States immigrate to the United States.

Fiance Visas

Fiance visas allow the foreign fiance of a United States citizen to travel to the United States so that they can get married and apply for a green card.